Monday, 5 October 2015

4th of July - part 2

My hands were cold and sweaty and the idea of meeting the lady who brought to this world a part of my life was overwhelming even for someone who seems confident at all times.

There they were.
She was standing at the table tall and proud like a queen. She had that glow in her eyes when she saw you.

She LOVES you.
She loves you so much and that love makes her the strong woman that she is. Powerful. With that sharp look in her eyes.

I was making an effort to keep my back straight in the presence of such love and force.

Luckily enough the amazing man she is sharing her life with is a smoker too so I could drown my insecurity in chain-smoking next to him.
I am feeling thankful for all the public speaking courses and events presentations I've been through where I had to talk in front of a cold audience. It paid off, because somehow I could unswallow my tongue and carry on a decent conversation, while trying not to embarass myself or you for that matter.

Actually, if I think about it, I'm better at this than you.
Sorry, babe, that's the truth.
I'm better at it. Because I listen more than I talk.
You're just gonna have to work on that.
There, I said it :)

I remember instantly falling in love with the white furry bundle of joy that my fellow smoker showed me on his phone while you were talking to her. I can relate to animal lovers as I find a counterpoint in their care and affection for a speechless living being.
They are human.
And they love.
And more than that, they need to GIVE love.
That's the thing.
They had me.

I gotta admit that maybe the mentioning of the word "cakes" had to do something with it too, but if I were to be honest about it, I would forever be known as the girl who can be bought with cakes.
Oh, what the hell? Just bring out the chocolate and I promise I'll behave.

With the promise of a later meeting at home, we left the restaurant and you took my hand into yours as we...

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment